6 large apples
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
¾ cups light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 ounces of COPIA granola (whichever flavor you prefer)
1. Wash the apples and insert popsicle sticks. We recommend using a knife to puncture the apple before inserting the sticks.
2. Line a cookie tray with a piece of wax paper and pour granola onto a plate. Set them both aside for later.
3. Combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup and ¾ cup heavy cream in a saucepan over high heat.
4. Using a candy thermometer, carefully monitor the temperature of the mixture. The mixture will bubble and change color from white, to pale yellow, to golden brown. When the temperature hits 246° F, turn off the flames and stir in the remaining ¼ cup heavy cream and vanilla.
5. Holding the end of the popsicle sticks, dunk the apples in the caramel and rotate them three or four times to make sure you get a thick caramel coating.
6. Use a spoon to press the granola onto the caramel apples.
7. Place the apples onto the lined cookie tray and put the apples in the refrigerator to solidify.
8. After 10-15 minutes, take the apples out of the fridge, arrange them on a plate, serve and enjoy!